How McGregor Provides Enriching Activities for Seniors
Offering Opportunities for Learning and Socializing
There is a common stereotype that older adults living in a senior community idly pass the time playing bingo and not doing much else. At McGregor, we know that is far from the truth. The reality is that our seniors have diverse interests, hobbies, and pastimes and enjoy a variety of activities well into their 80s and 90s. Providing a robust selection of activities on a daily basis is a major part of what we offer McGregor residents. We aim to foster engagement among our residents, give them a chance to socialize, and allow them to pursue their passions and further their skills and knowledge.
Our enrichment team takes great care in planning a robust schedule of activities and events that help seniors stay socially active and engaged. Residents appreciate the variety of arts, entertainment, health, and wellness options available. These are just some of the various activities and events we provide on any given day or week.
- Exercise options. Whether seniors have limited mobility or are fully mobile, there are exercise options to suit every resident’s needs. McGregor offers group exercise classes such as chair yoga, walking groups, and aerobics classes. Many residents enjoy walking outside on our 45-acre historic estate with views of Lake Erie.
- Group outings. Our location in Cleveland positions us a short distance from so many great destinations including the Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland Botanical Gardens, National History Society, and Legacy Village.
- Gardening. Residents can help care for our grounds and continue their passion for gardening and caring for plants. We also offer horticultural therapy.
- Entertainment. From theme parties to special events and movie viewings, our team plans a variety of entertainment activities and events for residents. This is a great way for residents to socialize in a group setting
- Fine arts. Seniors who love the fine arts—such as painting, literature, music, and more—will find a rich selection of activities at McGregor. We have an expansive library of books and music available all of the time, and arts and crafts, such as jewelry making or seasonal crafts, are woven into our weekly activities calendar.
If you or a loved one is looking for a senior living community that prioritizes a rich and active lifestyle for its residents, we strongly encourage you to learn more about McGregor. Reach out to speak to a member of our team.