State Tested Nursing Assistant
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
McGregor is a non-profit assisted living and retirement facility offering its residents a longstanding reputation of excellence. Our award-winning senior living community is located on a 32-acre historic estate in Cleveland and ensures all seniors who reside there enjoy the highest standards of personal dignity, respect, quality of life, and compassion. We are seeking a State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) to join the McGregor team.
The STNA performs support resident care duties and provides related services that promote residents’ comfort and safety, as well as maintain residents’ functional status and meet their personal needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist residents with activities of daily living which include bathing and assistance with baths, mouth care, hair care, toileting, skin care, nail care, eating, transferring, and ambulation.
- Perform restorative nursing programs for residents as assigned and document the results, outcomes, or refusals of care.
- Maintain a safe environment for each resident and follow all care plans as indicated.
- Make resident rounds routinely and report findings to the charge nurse.
- Respond to residents’ lights promptly and provide necessary assistance.
- Perform delegated tasks, such as the following, according to policy and procedure, and report completion and results to the charge nurse:
- R.O.M. exercises
- Application of TED hose
- Applying skin cream or lotion
- Taking blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature, and weight
- Document complete and factual resident information on the appropriate record in a timely manner.
- Interact with residents, families, visitors, and staff in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Assist with activities when working on MSU, as well as transport to and from activities on other units.
- Maintain respect, dignity, and confidentiality of each resident’s HIPAA-protected information.
- Maintain general neatness and tidiness of residents’ rooms as well as all work areas.
- Assist other team members as needed and requested.
- Conserve unit equipment and supplies.
- Follow infection control policy in caring for residents.
- Assist with the training of new facility staff regarding facility rules, policies, and procedures.
- Identify safety hazards and emergency situations and respond, report, or correct as necessary.
- Participate in the development of an Individualized Care Plan as assigned.
- Alert facility staff of changes in the condition of residents and respond as directed.
- Listen to and report family or visitor concerns and report them to the charge nurse.
- Maintain compliance with required training per long-term care rules.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
An individual must have a high school diploma or GED.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
An individual must be registered and in good standing as a State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) with the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) Nurse Aide Registry.
Physical and Lifting Requirements:
An individual must be able to perform very heavy work, such as exerting more than 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements exceed those for heavy work.
Benefits and Incentives:
McGregor provides a high ratio of staff to residents, competitive wages, and excellent benefit options. We celebrate inclusion in our team members, and we value respect, teamwork, compassion, accountability, and quality. Other benefits include:
A starting hourly rate of $15.00 with a shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts
A $1,000 sign-on retention bonus for new employees who remain in good standing for one year, to be paid incrementally throughout the year