McGregor is obsessed with providing excellent care for our residents
And we’ve got the survey score to prove it!
Since the passing of the Affordable Care Act, the United States’ Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) has been charged with developing a customer satisfaction survey that assesses the customer’s experience with qualified health providers (CMS.gov). McGregor is proud to announce that in its most recent survey, our team was awarded an “Excellent” grade, meaning that we are one of the premier facilities in the country regarding patient care. But what exactly goes into that survey to determine who is doing a great job and who isn’t? Here are some of the criteria that go into building the survey metrics:
- Staffing – How many staff members there are compared to the number of patients or residents in their care.
- Quality Measures – This monitors items like how often you are sending patients out to hospitals for referrals and what condition they are in when returning to your care.
- Safety – Are patients slipping or falling in the facility? What safety measures are in place?
- Compliance – Are the proper documents filed when there is an accident or incident at the facility?
- Patient Perception – What do your residents think of the care they receive and the safety of your facility?
- Organizational Structure – Do you have the proper people in place to effectively run the facility?
- Effectiveness and Efficiency – Do you take care of paperwork in the right amount of time? Does your staff respond to patients promptly?
- Patient-Centered Care – Do the patients come first in your overall business model?
- Ability to Respond to Complaints and Issues Promptly – When something happens, does your facility react quickly?
- Compliance With Codes – Is your team up to date on current codes and practices? For example, do they participate in regularly scheduled fire drills?
These are just some of the things that factor into the “Excellent” rating received by McGregor this year. Doesn’t that sound like the type of facility you would want to care for your loved one when they aren’t able to be cared for at home anymore? Learn more about the staff and facilities at McGregor, and when it’s time to consider a new residence for your senior loved one, we hope that you’ll keep us in mind!