Advantages of Moving Your Loved One Before Winter
How McGregor Assisted Living Makes the Process Easy
In some cases, the decision of when to move to assisted living is dictated by your circumstances. Some seniors do not have the luxury of choosing when to move. But if you do, we highly recommend moving to McGregor Assisted Living in the fall. Here are a few reasons why:
- Making any move during a Cleveland winter is difficult. The logistics of loading and unloading boxes and furniture in the snow, sleet, or ice can be tricky and dangerous. When you move during the fall, you are much more likely to have mild weather—and no heavy snowfall to contend with.
- You or your loved one can be settled before the holidays. The holidays are a special time in our community: There are beautiful decorations, caroling, and other activities, and many events to enjoy with staff and residents. There will be many opportunities to meet people and become more comfortable in a new environment.
- Winter can be a lonely time. Many seniors tend to slow down during the colder Cleveland months—and their health and nutrition suffers. Instead of spending another winter season alone, you or your loved one can enjoy the benefits of Assisted Living:
- Delicious, balanced meals
- Life enrichment activities
- Safe and fun ways to remain physically active
Is It Time for a Change?
Get to Know McGregor Assisted Living
We would love to share more with you and your family about our Assisted Living options. Start by taking a look at the photo gallery of our living spaces. Reach out to our team to view our floor plans, and learn about our amenities—including comfortable and spacious living suites and daily restaurant-style meals—and schedule a tour.