The Value of an Internship at McGregor
Explore Your Future Career Opportunities
Our summer interns play an important role at McGregor. While the summer of 2023 is still several months away, we want to begin recruiting a diverse pool of undergraduate students for this unique opportunity to obtain real-world experience in aging services. We offer summer internship positions in finance, human resources, marketing and communication, and administration—giving students the role of administrator in training (AIT).
McGregor Foundation Summer 2023 Internships:
10-week period during May 15, 2023, and August 15, 2023 window
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
We have shared the Statement of Work for the marketing and communications internship position as an example below. The Statements of Work for the finance, human resources, and administration internships can be found on Indeed and Handshake.
McGregor Foundation Communications Summer 2023 Intern
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
McGregor’s mission is to Support Seniors In Need and Those Who Serve Them. McGregor has served its residents and the larger community since 1877 and has a strong reputation as an innovative and quality service provider in residential living and community-based services. McGregor is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. For more information, visit www.mcgregoramasa.org.
The Marketing Intern will provide support to the Marketing & Communications team, including writing, material development, event planning, research, and evaluation. Located on-site and in-person at McGregor’s East Cleveland campus, the Intern role is designed to expose and challenge junior or senior-level students pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, or a related field to all facets of integrated marketing and aging services.
Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes
In collaboration with staff:
- Develop content for social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other digital platforms.
- Provide on-site/virtual event support and assist the team with event planning and community relations, attend weekly/monthly marketing meetings
- Conduct ongoing news media and social media monitoring and research for the McGregor Foundation’s grantmaking operations.
- Develop an e-newsletter, including blog content and images/photos
- Generate content for internal communications vehicles.
- Attend LeadingAge Summer Enrichment Program events.
- Currently a junior or senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or marketing.
- Strong writing, proofreading, social media, and research skills. Graphic design, video, and HTML/content management experience preferred.
- Capability to produce communications in multiple formats, including digital, print, and broadcast.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and confidence to interact with staff at all levels and external constituents.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Records (including booster shots) (Required)
Preferred candidates will have strong academic credentials, are involved in student or community service activities, familiar with technology, and have strong presentation and writing skills. Interested students should submit a cover letter and resume no later than February 1, 2023. We regret that we cannot respond personally to each applicant.
Applying for 2023 Internship Positions
If you have questions about our internships, please feel free to contact our team. In the meantime, you can view any open position descriptions and apply today.